Wednesday, 30 December 2009
End of the year fun quiz
1. London's WHAT is among the worst in Europe?
2. Who said "And actually, too often, people kind of say: 'Oh well, you know, what do you expect from somewhere like Walthamstow?' and I say: 'I expect everything.'
3. What is the significance of the number 32,298?
4. Which cyclist piously signed up to I Stop At Red and was subsequently seen cycling past a NO ENTRY sign and going the wrong way down a one way street?
5. “A grant of £296,000 towards a short film and allied promotional activity to inform cyclists about climate change was secured from DeFRA Climate Challenge Fund.”
Which organisation was proud to be given this staggering sum of money to waste on an inherently fatuous project?
6. Who carried out a survey which discovered that “in most [local] authorities, cycling was not a visible issue at senior management level”?
7. How could the government save 1.4 million tonnes of carbon emissions?
8. Who wrote “Unless something is done soon, I fear that the number of Londoners who regularly cycle, will plateau at present mediocre levels” ?
9. What was Waltham Forest Council leader Chris Robbins referring to when he said “This is without a doubt our most exciting and ambitious plan for the former Arcade site so far”?
10. What is “feisty but well-informed, partisan but capable of reason and very, very active indeed”?
11. Which social group in Britain flies more than four times a year?
12. As 2009 came to an end, what was “beyond bad”?
Posted by freewheeler at 10:57