Monday 31 May 2010

It’s the crap Barclays Cycle Superhighways!

Andreas wonders what might be a good snappy name for the bike hire scheme. I suggest ‘Velocide’.

Apparently Barclays Bank have forked out £25 million for the privilege of having Barclays Cycle Hire and Barclays Cycle Superhighways slapped over every aspect of these projects.

But as Mayorwatch comments

it can’t be right that Londoners should be roped in to some form of subliminal advertising scheme where they’re required to type the name of a bank – or any other commercial entity – into their web browser simply to find out about a public service they may be interested in using.

I regret I don’t bank with Barclays, otherwise I would be able to close my account on the grounds that I am disgusted and outraged that they are associating themselves with the truly crappy and useless ‘cycle superhighways’.

The very wonderful helmet-cam cyclist ‘gaz545’ has posted another amazing video. See if you can spot the 347 things wrong with the street environment. And don’t miss the bear and the monkey.