Thursday 9 September 2010

Council crackdown on 3-year old on bicycle with stabilizers

A mother has hit out against her local council after being told by a park warden that her young son's bicycle stabilisers were a health and safety hazard.

Melanie Liu said she was outraged after the official approached her and son Jude, three, and ordered the boy to dismount immediately or be evicted.

‘When I asked why they said my son was a health and safety hazard.

‘I think they are taking political correctness to ridiculous levels - the bike is no higher than my knee and I'm 5ft 1in.

Scarborough Council's parks and countryside manager Roger Burnett said:
‘The by-law in operation in the park states that cycles are permitted, but people have to walk with them and push them along rather than ride on them.