Wednesday 4 February 2009

Suspicious behaviour

In the light of my little spot of bother with a PCSO, I was amused to read this, by comedian Mark Thomas:

When the police conduct a stop and search they have to fill out a form giving their reasons and hand a copy over to you. On mine they wrote that Mr Thomas appeared to be an "influential individual" – a quote I intend to use in future publicity – and had attempted to walk past the police with an "over-confident manner" – always a sure sign of criminal intent.

Maybe I am wrong, perhaps there is a forensic linkage with having an "over-confident manner" and criminality, perhaps the police routinely chase suspects through our metropolis shouting, "Stop him, he's got a jaunty demeanour!"
But I got the distinct impression the police were stopping me because they thought they could.