Monday 23 February 2009

A van driver speeds across a pedestian zone




















The Town Square, yesterday, 11.20 am

I was walking towards the entrance to The Mall when I saw this van driver speeding across the Town Square, taking a short cut from the High Street to Selborne Road. I managed to get this shot of it whizzing past the children's play area.

I have blogged about this before, and I shall hold Councillors Clyde Loakes and Bob Belam responsible when a pedestrian is eventually knocked down by one of these lawless drivers. The council has turned a blind eye to the gradual removal of the bollards which once prevented vehicle access from the High Street, and appears indifferent to the danger which pedestrians face by vehicles intruding in a space which is supposed to be strictly for pedestrians.