Friday 23 July 2010

lawless Lewisham

FOR years, especially during morning and evening rush hour, I have witnessed vehicle after vehicle drive the wrong way down my one-way road - Courthill Road, Lewisham.
Recently, a cyclist using the green cycle lane was missed by inches when a car sped the wrong way, almost swiping her from behind.

The reason I am furious right now is that a woman with two small, lively children has just been scared witless by yet another speeding driver zooming up the road as she checked for traffic coming from the correct direction.

I write this because I've run out of ideas. I have telephoned or emailed Lewisham Council several times to discuss this problem, and I have raised the issue several times with local police. Will action be taken only after someone is killed?