Wednesday 23 March 2011

two lawless lorry drivers



























On 11 March I was cycling west on the A503, when this lorry emerged from the Town Hall. The driver was steering with one hand and talking on a handheld mobile phone. I caught up with the lorry at The Bell junction and took a couple of souvenir snaps of this encounter. I thought I’d get a pic of the numberplate.

Except I couldn’t. It’s been unlawfully obscured. Also one of the brake lights on this lorry wasn’t working.





























The day before I was cycling along South Grove when I was overtaken by this J.S. Riney lorry.

Riney work for the London Borough of Waltham Forest. The lights at the junction with Willow Walk changed to red long before the driver reached the spot. That naturally didn’t deter him from driving into the cycling ASL.