Wednesday 12 November 2008

Loomis driver in ASL




















I was pedalling along Wood Street E17 yesterday towards a red light and the Advanced Stop Line at the junction with Forest Road. At the last moment a Loomis bullion van overtook me and drove into the ASL for cyclists. The driver signalled a left turn on to Forest Road. And I was going straight ahead, along Fulbourne Road, so I stayed where I was and took this photograph. (11.15 a.m.)

It is an offence for a driver to stop in an ASL. But this Loomis driver was as indifferent to road traffic law as he was to my safety and convenience as a cyclist.

Loomis claim their mission is to protect homes, workplaces and society.

They also claim to

believe in respect for the individual.

and assert that

our expectation from our employees is to bring each day an attitude of duty, joy and passion.

Do send an email and ask the company to explain which of these three shining virtues their driver was displaying on this occasion. The vehicle reg. is BU05 HUZ

info@uk.loomis.com